Wednesday, February 17, 2010

craziness!!

So Winter Camp was ridiculous. Nothing went as planned, but I almost feel as if that stretched everyone even more. Both students and staff were forced to get out of their comfort zones and rely on God.

I was the only staff member on the bus, which I didn't really mind, because it made me feel all responsible :] but our bus driver took the wrong turn off the interstate and ended up in Edom, TX when we were supposed to be in Van. He basically went 30minutes the wrong direction, so we got to the camp an hour later than expected.
We got to camp and realized the electricity was out. No heat, no lights, no water running out of the automatic faucets. We had a generator so we were able to have a couple lights set up and we borrowed the heaters from their reptiles building. It was cool bc during the worship it was so stripped down. The students were creating the atmosphere. They had to worship on their own without a big band leading them.

It was pretty cold and the generators were giving out so we eventually moved to a hotel in Tyler, TX. I had 4 girls in my room and I had 2 other rooms I was in charge of, it was fun :] I really loved getting to know the girls better. And when it came time for the service....God showed up so much. There was such a spirit of celebration and breakthrough. Students were pressing in and God did amazing things. Kids were set free from demonic strongholds, healed of breathing problems, etc. I was so blessed to be a part of it.

Not to mention it was hilarious to lead 100 kids across an intersections 4 times on the way to and back from chick fil a and mcdonalds. CRAZINESS!!!
The bus was 2 hours late and I finally got home only to rush to work to work for 5 hours. I was completely exhausted. Breaking down to the point of tears several times in the night. hahaha ohhh yeah it was ridiculous

But despite the craziness of the week, God spoke to ME.
Pastor Lawrence prayed over us as a staff and gave words to each member. He spoke over me that I was coming into a place of establishment with my faith. A walk of consistency and maturity. He also said I had a gift of healing and that I would lay hands on girls who had been broken and abused or had been robbed from and they would be made whole physically and emotionally.
The crazy thing is that 3 years ago a youth staff member at a camp I went to spoke the same word over me. That I had the gift of healing.
I didn't really take it seriously the first time. I didn't know what it meant and I thought it was just someone who thought they heard from God but didn't or they just meant well. But no, God confirmed that word for me by 2 different people in 2 different places at 2 different times that had no relation to each other.
I have no idea how that will play out, and I don't know what to do with it.
I'm so grateful to have a God that gives you something bigger than you thought possible. Right now I'm just really debating what to do with my future. Whether to finish school after my DTS or try to go on staff with YWAM or possibly follow Dustin and Jamie's ministry.

There is such a strong anointing at the Harvest Church in both the church and the mvmnt. I am so incredibly blessed. I just can't get over it.

:] more another time.

<3 rachel






PS I GOT A TATTOO!
It says "wisdom" in hebrew and its written on my ribs on my right side.

No comments:

Post a Comment