Friday, April 30, 2010

why do you worry about the rest?

It is so easy to get so caught up in life that you miss it. Lately I've been struggling with stressing about not having enough time to finish everything I have to do. Seriously, I am so busy that it almost seems unbearable. I've been dreading waking up every morning...and then the other day God just led me to Luke chapter 12 verse 25-26. "Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?"
I have had to constantly remind myself that I cannot do anything to add more time no matter how much I want it. This is the situation I am in and I just need to make the most of every opportunity. I can get so caught up in this panicked mode that I am completely useless. Yes, I have stuff I need to do...and it is going to be rough, but I can do it.

My circumstance isn't the worst that has ever been--so I shouldn't look at myself as more stressed or more deserving of sympathy than anyone else out there. It isn't about me. It isn't about what I can say or do. Its something where it was essential for me to experience God or else I wouldn't be making it right now. I seriously have had such a peace since God led me to that verse. He is my rock and my foundation--my everything.

I'm trusting God and believing in His power. My doubt and my stress discredits His goodness. So I'm going to make it through these next 2 weeks of school and then begin to focus on my DTS coming up--I am so excited. :]

God is good.
Rachel

1 comment:

  1. It's sweet to get to that place of surrender and dependence. Rest in His presence sister, His presence in the car on the way to school or work, His presence while you run errands, His presence while you study for and take finals, rest. i looooove you!! :D

    ReplyDelete