Tuesday, January 26, 2010

every good path

Oh life.
I started school and I feel like my classes are going to be somewhat difficult. Biology is extremely boring and my lab is 3 hours long and Drama has a lot of extra outside of school work. i feel like school this year will keep me busy.

I'm looking for a new job, because I am not getting enough hours at Borders. I was scheduled 10hours for the next 2 weeks. Thats not even $100 in a week. I'm seriously feeling desperate, because I have all these things I need money for. I just wanted to save money and live comfortably...and then Cassie started tearing holes in the wall in the laundry room so I had to buy her an $80 crate and I had to overspend my checking and dig into my savings which really makes me mad, because I really didnt want to have to do that...and I have several things I need to pay for coming up, so we'll see how that goes.

I turned 19 on Monday. On Sunday night my Move Group girls made me a cake and got me a present, and it was such a blessing. I was surprised and it definitely made my Birthday. It was one of those super nice gestures that you don't expect, but it definitely makes you feel good. :]
I had a pretty low key birthday... on Sunday I went out to BJs with the fam after church, which has definitely become my favorite restaurant. I had a couple people wish me happy birthday, but not really much else. I was fine just chilling, but I always feel like you expect something exciting to happen on your birthday and it never does. Like I always try to make my friends feel special on their birthday and get them something I know they'll like...but its cool. ha

I went to the PineCove interview tonight, and didn't find out til afterward that they had already hired their summer staff. So there isn't even a chance I'd get it.
Thats pretty disappointing to me. I don't know what to do with my summer now. I don't have a way to make money, and I can't really do a big missions trip if I need to be saving for my DTS.

I'm in a pretty down mood right now. I had been pretty upbeat the last couple of days, but now I'm not feeling very optimistic. I guess I need to start applying what I'm preaching in my move group. We're reading Proverbs and it says,
"He holds victory in store for the upright, he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless,for he guards the course of the just and protects the way of his faithful ones. Then you will understand what is right and just and fair—every good path. "
I can only believe that God is guarding my course and that he will show me another good path to take.
mmm if only it was so easy to just let it go and trust God. But reading that verse in Proverbs again is encouraging and refreshing to me, because it reminds me that God is faithful and he promises to protect and guide me. :]

OH and I went to the eye doctor today, and I got glasses. So I may end up being an glasses wearer now. (especially bc I accidentally picked out frames that were a little too expensive and I promised my mom I would actually wear them) They're cute though and they definitely help me read things at a distance! So I'll be able to drive at night and sit in the back of the classroom without difficulty!
:]

-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment