Tuesday, January 19, 2010

turn your ear and apply your heart.

So I decided that I am going to become more wise. I'm reading proverbs with my move group girls, and I figure there is no point in helping them understand it if I'm not living it out on my own.

Proverbs 2: 2-5
Turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding, and if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding,and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure,then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God.

My goal is to understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God. I may be doing a DTS in September, but I'm not waiting til then to get more intimate in my walk with God. Part of being wise is listening to wise council "turning your ear" and "applying your heart." On Sunday, Pastor Steve gave some simple ways to make sure God is always put first. A lot of them I felt like I already did, but then it really hit me that I need to give God the first of my day. Regardless of if I spend time with God later or not, the first moments in my day need to be given to God. I'm supposed to walk with him all throughout my day not just set time aside for him for I can squeeze Him in, and starting my day with him puts me in that mindset so I think of Him more readily.

I really felt like God was wanting me to just get up early this morning and spend time with him before going throughout my day, with no pressure to be somewhere. I definitely feel the difference. Today I feel so much more alive. Yesterday I was just in a weird tired funk. I also started today with a couple cups of tea haha. Not having coffee anymore has really taken its toll on me, I am sleepy all the time. Today I wanted to start making some headway. I went to school and took Speech, which was pretty awesome. and then I came home and took Cassie on a walk (which she did successfully) then we went to get one of her staples taken out, then we went to the dog park, and now I'm just chilling and watching House. :]

I'm also going to start eating healthier again. I have so let myself go lol
I need to get back into the routine of working out and eating right. I was doing real good for a couple months, but then I just started feeling sorry for myself or something and I stopped. The better I feel about myself, the better I take care of myself. Hmm.

Okay welllllll I'm going to finish watching House :]

No comments:

Post a Comment