Sunday, January 3, 2010

Vision

I haven't really written in a while. I've been so busy with finals and then work, that whenever I've had time to myself I want to chill...and idk, I just haven't updated this thing. I'm so excited about 2010. I've never been one to really be all excited about each new year, but this year I'm ready for something great.

I decided I'm going to do my YWAM DTS in Orlando this upcoming September. I feel a strong confidence that that is what God wants me to do, and I am very excited for it. I'm also strongly considering being a camp counselor at Pinecove this summer with a couple friends of mine. I am passionate about youth, and I am looking forward to being able to invest in kids lives. So I would be serving and doing something I love and also I'd be making money without really spending any, which I would use towards my DTS. I'm planning on saving a good amount of the money myself, and God seems to be opening doors for me to earn money, which is something I find so incredible.

God really has been telling me this year I need to surrender it all to Him. I'm too much of a control freak myself, and I need to let it go and really let my faith be my strong point. I want to go all in, without having a scapegoat just in case. I was praying and pleading with God for direction in my life, and I feel like God has just poured inspiration and vision on me. I am so much more motivated and positive about life right now because I AM going somewhere, and I am NOT stuck in a rut. God has the wheels turning :]

It does make me kind of sad though, because right now I am planted in the Harvest, which I love. and I will be completing the school year and most of the summer with them, but I have my Move Group of girls that I love, and if I'm gone for 5 weeks at the beginning of the summer at Pinecove and then leaving for 6months in september, they're out of a move group leader for a while. I need to make sure my priorites are straight, and I'll need to figure out how to handle that whole situation.

But I trust that God has so much more planned than I can even know, and he won't leave me or anyone else dry or without a place.
Such an exciting time right now :]

-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment